In case of the sudden demise of a family member, a legal heir certificate should be obtained for transferring the assets of the deceased to his/her legal heirs.
Once the death certificate is obtained from the municipality corporation, the legal heir person needs to apply for the certificate to claim the right over the deceased person’s property and dues.
The following peoples are considered as legal heirs,
- Spouse of the deceased
- Children of the deceased (Son/ Daughter)
- Parents of the deceased
- Sibling of the deceased
Required for the Following Purpose
- Transferring properties and assets of the demised person to his successors.
- Claiming insurance.
- For sanctioning and processing family pension of the deceased employee.
- To Receive dues such as provident fund, gratuity, etc from the Government
- Receive salary arrears of the deceased, state or central Government employee.
- Gain employment based on compassionate appointments.
Thanks to Cleartax for relevant information about the certificate.
Steps To Apply Legal Heir Certificate In Tamilnadu
After that login into the TNeGA Website, It will open the TNeGA Services page where you have to select the legal heir certificate.
After that, it will open the instructions page read it carefully and proceed further.
Now you have to create CAN number. If you already have CAN number just search it via your phone number and proceed.
Now It will open the form where you have to fill the required details. Unfortunately, I couldn’t able to explain the other required details because it will vary depends on the person.
Just try it yourself if you face any issues please comment below, I glad to help you. Hope this article helps you. Share this article with your friends to help them.
Subscribe us via email to receive future updates in email and join us via the social network for instant updates.