Success in the stock market is not easy to achieve. Trading is not a hobby, it is a job. Bear this in mind, like any other job, you need skills to earn money from stock trading. Learn from those who have been doing this for a long time, and they do it successfully. But, maybe the most important thing about being successful in the stock market is the trading platform you choose to invest your money in. Just like in casinos offering Jhandi Munda real cash games, if you do not take chances, you cannot win!
Nowadays there are no time or distance barriers, there are online trading platforms available for trading in stocks. There are three types of online trading platforms available also in India: desktop-based, mobile-based, and browser-based.
For consistent trading on the web, you need to:
- find a fast trading platform speed
- fast login
- with advanced chart
- multiple charting tools
- hematic trading
- good till trigger feature
- top 30 BID/Ask price
- day’s gain/ loss and quick reports
- top-level security
- simple to-utilize interface
Let’s go through the most important online trading platforms, and explain their most important features.
TD Ameritrade is a well-known broker that offers an electronic trading platform for the trade of financial assets. TD Ameritrade and Schwab are now part of one company, but in the beginning, there was only Ameritrade, founded in 1971. In 2006, it acquired the U.S. operations of TD Waterhouse, and in 2020 it was acquired by Charles Schwab Corporation. It is an experienced trading platform, with nearly a century of investing experience. Traders can take on the market with uninterrupted access to the product suite and services.
Investment Products on TD Ameritrade:
- Stocks. Equities, international stocks trading, and IPOs
- Options. The options market provides derivatives, leverage, allowing you to speculate with less capital
- Exchange-traded funds (ETFs) are similar to mutual funds, but with ETFs, you can take advantage of price movements because they trade during the day like stocks
- Mutual funds. Access to over 13,000 mutual funds from leading fund families and a broad range of no-transaction-fee (NTF) funds
- Futures. There are many types of futures, including Interest rates, metals, currency, grains, stock index, energy, softs, forest, livestock
- Forex. Available 23 hours per day Sunday through Friday, 19 currencies
- Managed Portfolios. You can choose a broader range of goal-oriented portfolios. Requires a minimum investment of $25,000, but you have access to a financial consultant
- Cash Management. Explore ideas on how to invest your cash
- Bonds and CDs. Find fixed-income investments for benefits as part of a diversified portfolio
The site is easy to use because it has intelligent order routing, free independent research. You can create a screener to help you find stocks on your own criteria. There are no fees for subscription or the platform. You can get access to any trading platforms, streaming news, and expert research without an additional fee.
Fidelity – stock trading platform
Fidelity is a different trade platform that focuses on long-term investments. One of the most important investment products is planning retirement. The platform offers wealth management to your retirement needs and financial planning. A free tool is available on the platform, where you can find out where you stand for retirement, after answering 6 questions. There are no account fees, $0 commission trades, and no minimums deposits to open an account. Also, there are plans designed specifically for education savings, for qualified education expenses for schools nationwide. Also, you can save in a health account and life insurance.
Investment products available on Fidelity:
- Mutual Funds are practical cost-efficient investments that can help you build a portfolio or engage in short-term investments
- Retirement and IRAs, an investment account, that you can manage on your own or let Fidelity do it for
- Trading stocks, options, ETFs, mutual funds, CDs, IPOs, and precious metals
- Stock Trading, buying, and selling shares of publicly traded companies in both domestic and international markets
- Fixed income, bonds, and CDs
- Exchange-traded funds (ETFs), low-cost active and passive ETFs, with investing expertise available and research tools
- Options trading, a flexible investment tool able to generate income
- Sustainable investment, you can invest in companies with an environmental or social impact focus.
- Cash Management Solutions, an alternative for FDIC insurance, earn unlimited 2% cash-back on everyday purchases
- 529 College Savings Plans
Charles Schwab- stock trading platform
Charles Schwab’s trading platform is differentiated by customer support services. For example, you can use Schwab Intelligent Portfolios, a Robo-advisory. The tool helps you build and manage your portfolio. Knowledgeable support and trading teams are available 24/7, with real-time trade analysis and more. You can choose from 15 trading products. If you are not sure how to invest your money, or what suits you, there is a specialist team that can help with fixed income, options, and future questions. Establish your goals, and let the financial advisor help you plan and your financial needs, such as trust, estate, and fixed income.
The investment products are basically similar to other platforms: Mutual Funds, ETFs, Index Funds, Stocks, Bonds, CDs, and Fixed Income, etc.
Interactive Brokers- stock trading platform
Interactive Brokers is based on global investment. Clients can invest globally in stocks, options, futures, currencies, bonds, and funds from a single integrated account. You can invest in multiple currencies and also trade assets denominated in 23 different currencies. You can access the market 24 hours a day, 6 days/week. There are available 135
markets în 33 countries.
IBKR Investors’ Marketplace is a very interesting product for investors. You have the money and you do not know how to put them to work? Or your business is not profitable anymore and you want to expand? In this market, you can reach out to clients from over 200 countries and territories, and sell your products and services. You can also reach out to a trading advisor for advisory, brokerage, or wealth management services. In the Marketplace IBKR clients can research and find these service providers as well as access dozens of advisor portfolios. There is nothing more valuable than professional advice at the right time. There are over 600 investment services, 450 technology services, over 200 administrative services, and over 40 business development services.
E*TRADE- stock trading platform
With E*Trade you can and put your money to work using different account types. Open the type of account that is the most suitable for you. There are 6 account types available.
Brokerage. The platform has tools to help you make an easy investment. There are all kinds of investment choices: Stocks, ETFs, Mutual Funds, Options, Bonds, Futures. Choose one or two or maybe more investment plans. Diversification can reduce risk. Also, keep in mind there is less chance of a loss in investments that provide lower returns.
Retirement. There is all kind of retirement plans offered by E*Trade. You can consolidate assets from a former employer’s retirement plan, or open up a tax-deductible retirement contribution. There are options for inherited retirement accounts, and also options for investors over age 59½. If you want to make a plan for your baby, there is an account option for the benefit of a minor under age 18.
Core Portfolios. This investment plan puts you in touch with a team of experts that will take care of day-to-day investing.
Managed Portfolios. These investing plans let you choose from fully managed accounts. There are professionally managed portfolios with $25,000 minimum investment, a custom portfolio of investment-grade bonds with $250,000 minimum, or an automated investment management
Small Business. This type of account offers retirement benefits to employees, business owners, and their wives, for big or small businesses. There are also solutions for owners that want to reward employees with company profits.
Bank. This plan allows you to invest and save in the same account, has the benefit to pay less for your banking, and earns competitive yields. Also, protects your privacy and your assets.
With trading and investments, you can put your money to work. You can play it safe but earn less. Investors seeking higher earnings from their investments must take on greater risk. Also, bear in mind, diversification is important. “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.” Place your money in different types of investments, even on different trading platforms. Choose your investments depending on your resources and your goals.