HSRP stands for High-Security Registration Plate introduced in 2001 by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highway. 1mm special aluminum is used to made HSR Plate. White or yellow reflective sheets laminate it. MORTH has declared that Indian citizens must have an HSRP number plate for old vehicle 2021 (vehicles sold before April 2019), color-coded fuel stickers are also compulsory now. Citizens of India can register at their respective states like HSRP Gujarat, Delhi, UP, Punjab, Andhra Pradesh, etc.
From the dealer’s end, Vehicles that are sold after April 2019 come with these plates. If anyone has the vehicles before the said date, they have to get their new High-Security Registration Plate from their dealers/ authorized vendors because it has become mandatory.
Through the official website of MORTH, owners of 2 0r four-wheelers can register for their number plated or get it from the authorized vendors in their respective states. HSRP registration, done according to your state, or you can also contact your nearest dealer. High-Security Registration Plate and color-coded fuel stickers are mandatory.
HSRP Registration Details
A High-Security Registration plate is tamper-proof vehicle registration. The number plate is of aluminum-containing chromium-based hologram, hot-stamped alpha numeral with a retro-reflective sheet, and a laser-etched pin. In India, it is compulsory to have High-Security Registration Plate for all vehicles.
A few days earlier, a notification was released by the transport department according to the notice. In Delhi, there are about 4 million registered cars without High-Security Registration Plate before 2012. Three and a half lakh vehicles contain fuel stickers. MORTH has stated that for every Indian citizen, it is mandatory to get an HSRP number plate registration.
In total, 236 dealers that the Delhi transport department approves to install High-Security Registration Plate for old vehicles and color-coded stickers. All owners of 2 and 4 wheelers must immediately go for an HSRP registration; otherwise, you have to pay challan.
- The owner of the vehicle should provide correct details to the issuing authority to get the High-Security Registration Plate.
- It will be helpful in the management of traffic.
- For HSRP registration, the vehicle owner must provide details like engine number, model number, copy of valid insurance, chassis number, etc.
- High-Security Registration Plate is tamper-proof.
- If the High-Security Registration Plate stole, it is very easy for the owner to trace their vehicle as the HSR plates are traceable.
- For two-wheelers – 400 Rs/.
- For four-wheelers – 1100 Rs/- (depends upon the category of four-wheelers).
HSRP Delhi and UP Registration
From book-my-HSRP, citizens who own 2 and 4 wheelers can register for their number plate. It contains the registration process for citizens of Delhi and UP separately. It has all options so, for further process choose accordingly. In Delhi and UP, now it is compulsory to have High-Security Registration Plate and color-coded fuel. A secured and has a uniform pattern that can trace easily.
It comes to be compulsory to get a High-Security Registration Plate to the government of Delhi orders from 1 October 2020. You have to pay challan if you don’t register your vehicle for HSRP. If you reside basically from outside Delhi/UP, but you’re currently living in Delhi or UP, you must go to your state transport website or contact a nearby dealer.
From the official site of HSRP Gujarat, car owners can apply for High-Security Registration Plate registration. The process is available only for vehicles in Gujarat State. People’s vehicles registered in other states than Gujarat should not apply. The vehicles registered after 31 March 2019 are not applicable for this process. It got very compulsory for people who own vehicles to go for the HSRP number plate because it is very secure. You have to pay the challan if you don’t register for HSRP Gujarat.
- Go to the official site of HSRP Gujarat (www.hsrpgujarat.com).
- You will see three options like dealer, customer, society registration.
- Select the customer option.
- You will go to another page of the official site.
- It contains five options you have to select Old vehicle HSRP Gujarat request and payment.
- You will go to the registration page.
- Fill in the details required.
- Click on the submit button.
HSRP Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh is one of the states providing online registration of HSRP. The 2,3 and 4 wheeler holders can register (only in Andhra Pradesh state) from the registration portal of Andhra Pradesh (www.hsrpap.com). However, the process is not applicable for those who don’t live in Andhra Pradesh. People of other states have to apply from the particular official portal or the RTO office accordingly.
- Go to the official site of the registration portal of Andhra Pradesh (www.hsrpap.com).
- Close the pop-up window that appeared on the screen.
- You will see three options online payment, check your HSRP status, complaints.
- Select an online payment.
- you can see the registration application if the page is not under construction
- Fill the form
- pay the fee, finally, submit.
Citizens of Punjab can register for their High-Security Registration Plate via online mode from the registration portal of HSRP Punjab (www.punjabhsrp.in). The application contains the following attributes:
- Type of Application
- Chassis Number
- Vehicle Number
- Name of Owner
- Engine Number
- Vehicle Class
- Mobile Number
- Select Fitment Location
- Vehicle Type
- Registration Card Type
- Go to the official site of HSRP Punjab.
- You will have four options on the bottom side of your screen like apply HSRP online method, Request for Campus in institutes, Book online appointment, Customer grievance redressal.
- Select the Apply HSRP online.
- You will directly go to the HSRP Application Form.
- Fill in the details required to click on the submit button.
Color code stickers
- The Indian government decided to make the High-Security Registration Plate necessary for all Indian citizens.
- Along with HSRP registration, citizens need to have fuel stickers with color codes; otherwise, they might have to pay the challan.
- Every citizen must contain fuel stickers.
- The Department of transport has given more than 300 dealers authority to install HSRP and color-coded fuel stickers.
- Therefore, you can easily get registration online and your color-coded fuel stickers.
How to Check HSRP Status after Registration?
- You have to go to the official transport site of the state where you are staying.
- You can see a menu or link named “Status” on the home page.
- Select “Status.”
- After selecting “Status,” you will go to a login page.
- Fill required details correctly, including vehicle number, chassis number, and other details according to official sites, particularly (state-wise).
- Finally, you can see the status.
HSRP Number Plate 2021 (State-Wise):
Indian citizens with the HSRP registration number can check the status of their High-Security Registration Plate by searching the official site of the state you can get your registration number from (for example, the Uttarakhand site will be www.hsrpuk.com). You can see the status link on the page from which you will check the current status of your HSRP.
In states like- Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, online status tracking is available. However, all other states are not providing this online track of their High-Security Registration Plate apart from the mentioned states.
Registration of HSRP Number Plate:
- Go to the official website of the respective state you are staying
- You will go to the homepage of the official site.
- Click on HSRP registration-related link under the particular state-wise official site.
- You will go to the registration page of the official site.
- Fill in the required details in the application form correctly.
- Click on submit button.
- Complete the payment process.
Process of High-Security Registration Plate replacement (If Damaged/ Lost)
If an HSRP plate, damaged/broken or lost, vehicle holders can replace the damaged plate. In case of damage/breakage or theft, check the following points for the process of replacement. For Two Wheelers– a single plate (rear and front), replaced if one HSRP is damaged, and payment is done only for one HSRP Plate by the vehicle holder.
Vehicles for the applicability of the 3rd registration plate or sticker– a single HSR plate and 3rd registration plate or sticker is to be replaced if one metal HSR plate is damaged, and payment is to be made HSRP Plate and 3rd registration plate. For Vehicles with the applicability of the 3rd registration plate or sticker, both the metal plates and 3rd registration plate or sticker are to be replaced if both the HSR plates are damaged, and payment is to be done accordingly.
Vehicles for which only the 3rd registration plate (i.e., sticker) is damaged– Payment can be made only for the 3rd registration plate/ sticker to replace only the 3rd registration plate (sticker).In the VAHAN software, all the information about the replacement and reason updated by an authorized vendor under States/OEMs.
Replacement of existing HSRP, made by the authorized dealer of motor vehicles or by the manufacturer or supplier of the registration plate only. Only after making sure the old HSRP surrendered and disposed of the existing HSRP should it be done by the authorized dealer of motor vehicles or by the manufacturer/ supplier of the registration plate. The process of disposing of old plates is to be carried out by the HRSP issuing agency before the allotment of the new registration plate.
If the registration plate is lost/stolen, the vehicle owner must file an FIR in the police station. In addition, one copy of FIR must be submitted to the office of the HSRP issuing agency so that a record of the same need to maintain.