And although volleyball is not the most popular sports discipline, it still has a multi-million army of fans. This sport attracts fans with its dynamism and intensity of passions on the playing field. Therefore, bookmakers offer more and more bets on volleyball matches in real time and in Parimatch. Consider all the nuances of betting on volleyball.
The first set of volleyball rules appeared in 1897. They were not regulated and rather headstrong, which only created chaos on the volleyball court. Already in the middle of the twentieth century, new rules were established for this sports discipline, which are more similar to modern ones. The height of the net was increased to 243 cm, a limit was set on the number of players in a team (no more than 6), as well as a limit on the number of touches to the ball when drawing combinations.
At this stage in the development of volleyball as a modern sport, it is allowed to touch the ball with any part of the body and have a purely defensive player (libero) in the team. Also added restrictions regarding line spacing, touches to the grid and other nuances.
Varieties of volleyball bets
Consider the most popular and popular types of volleyball bets, which are presented in the line of almost every influential and reputable bookmaker.
- Bet on the outcome. Despite its popularity in football, this type of betting has not received much recognition in volleyball. Players can bet both on the result of the entire match and on the outcome of individual sets. But due to the difference in the class of opponents, the odds can be quite low.
- Handicap. This type of bet is very popular and in demand in volleyball. Handicap is the difference in the number of points earned between opponents, the advantage or lag of one of the teams. The handicap can be both positive and negative. You can bet on the handicap for the entire match, or for individual sets.
- Total bet. Another popular type of bet in volleyball. You can bet on the total for the entire match, or on the total for sets. In addition, you can bet on the individual total of players. For this bet, it is necessary to determine the number of points, which should be more or less than the indicator offered by the bookmaker.
- Statistical rate. This type of betting is a kind of lottery. But knowing the basic laws of the game allows you to bet on the number of innings, timeouts or other indicators.
- Even/odd. For this type of bet, there is no need to conduct a competent detailed analysis of the match, you just need to rely on luck.
- Long term rates. Such bets include bets on winning the League of Nations, the World Cup or other popular international tournaments.
Tips for Successful Volleyball Betting
To increase your chances of winning, follow these tips:
- Always consider the role of key players in the team. Such athletes gain at least 15 points per game, the result of the entire match depends on them.
- Study team and individual statistics.
- Consider the competitive schedule in the tournament and the level of motivation of the teams. If a team has won victories for several matches and occupies a confident position in the tournament ladder, it is unlikely that it will fully show its strength in a match that is not of particular importance to them.
- Always stick to pre-match analysis and be patient. Do not rush, real-time betting must be done measuredly.