In this tutorial, I am going to share full details about Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme simply called PMAY. There are two types available in this scheme. Those are,
- Urban – www.pmaymis.gov.in
- Gramin(PMAYG) – www.iay.nic.in
You can find these details in this article. Those are “Eligibility”, “status”, “Procedure to apply”, “list” , and much more. The abbreviation of PMAY-U and PMAY-G is “Urban” and “Gramin”.
This scheme is partnered with other government schemes(Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Saubhagya Yojana, Ujjwala Yojana, Accessibility of pure drinking water, and Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana)
What is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(PMAY)?
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana|
|Eligibility||Economic Weaker Section|
|Introduced By||Prime Minister of India(Narendra Modi)|
It is an initiative by the Government of India to provide affordable housing for poor urban and Gramin peoples.
The rural area scheme previously Indira Awaas Yojana launched in 1985 renamed to PMAY in 2015 but the urban area scheme was launched by Honourable Prime Minister “Narendra Modi”.
The target of this scheme is building 20 Million affordable houses by 31.03.2022.
- Beneficiary max-age 70 years
- EWS (Economic Weaker Section) family income limit is Rupees 3 Lakhs per annum and for LIG (Lower Income Group) Family Income limit is Rupees 6 Lakhs per annum, and Middle Income Group -(MIG-I) income between Rupees 6 lakhs to 12 lakhs per annum, (MIG-II) income between Rupees 12 lakhs to Rupees 18 lakhs per annum.
- Slum Dwellers– These include people living in poorly built residences that are unhygienic and have unhealthy drinking water and sanitation facilities.
- The beneficiary should not have an own dwelling(house) unit on the name of any family member in any part of India
- The houses given under this scheme will be owned by females or jointly with males.
States Covered By this Scheme
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
If you are a slum dweller or in the economic weaker section(EWS) you can apply for this scheme.
1. Visit this official website – https://pmaymis.gov.in/
2. On the homepage, click “Citizen Assessment” -> If you are a slum dweller choose the first option else If you are in economic weaker section choose the second option.
3. It will open the registration form where you have to enter your AADHAAR number and name.
4. Finally, fill all the required details and submit the application.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
Visit the official website then register with your AADHAAR number and fill all the required details.
Who all can avail of the benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme?
EWS, LIG, or MIG category can avail of the benefits of this scheme.
Is there any registration fee for this scheme?
If you are going to apply online there are no registration fees. If you are going to apply offline you have to pay the fee.
I hope this article helps you to know the details about Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(Prime Minister House Scheme). If you have any queries regarding this scheme please let me know via comments. I glad to help you. Share this article with your friends to help them.