A Bcom or Bachelor of Commerce degree is usually the first choice for a lot of students after their 10+2, especially if they have opted for commerce in high school. The reason for this is not hard to guess, as a Bcom degree provides students with soft and hard skills that can be deployed in a number of situations. With the country mostly running on hard capitalism, degrees like Bcom which equip students to handle all kinds of financial and business-related issues are never going to go out of vogue.
What is Bcom?
Bcom or Bachelor of Commerce is a 3-year full-time undergraduate degree program that equips students with all the knowledge and skills needed to excel in a corporate environment. The eligibility criteria for the Bcom course for most commerce colleges in Jaipur is usually 50% or above in 10+2 from a recognized board or university. What makes a Bcom degree so unique is that it trains students in a wide range of business skills like taxation, accounting, marketing, finance, etc., creating well-rounded individuals.
Why Should You Study Bachelor of Commerce?
There can be a multitude of reasons for studying Bachelor of Commerce, as it is a highly career-centric course. It teaches highly transferable skills while allowing you to network with like-minded people along the way. Whatever your reason for opting for a Bcom degree might be, we have attempted to list the top 5 reasons to study for a Bachelor of Commerce degree.
- Many Specialisations to Choose From
A Bcom degree trains students in the field of commerce, focusing on the areas of banking, commerce, and finance. However, there are a lot of other specializations to choose from, which can make a Bcom student specialise in that specific field of commerce. Some of these specializations include:
- Accounting and Finance
- Banking and Insurance
- Investment Management
- Human Resources
- Corporate Secretaryship
- Tourism and Travel Management
- Investment Management
- High Packages
Bachelor of Commerce graduates from Arya Jaipur, one of the best places to study a Bcom in the country, get high packages when they are hired. Whether it is a government or private organisation, the sheer versatility of the subjects taught in the Bcom course makes these graduates in such high demand. With high demand comes high salaries. Of course, factors like experience, expertise, area of specialization, and area of employment also play an important role in the salary. Still, the average starting salary of a Bcom graduate fresh out of college usually ranges between 2-4 lakhs per annum on average.
- Foundation for Greater Opportunities
Most Bcom graduates opt for higher studies after completing their Bcom degree from top Bcom colleges in Rajasthan. This is not to say Bcom, as a degree, is useless on its own but because it acts as a great foundation for more advanced studies in the field of commerce. With these higher degrees come higher positions on the corporate ladder, as well as a higher pay scale. Some of the advanced degrees or certifications you can go for after completing your Bcom degree are:
- MBA – An MBA or Master of Business Administration is one of the most sought-after degrees by those who want to break into the upper management of corporate organizations. Students can opt for further refinement of their skills as an MBA also offers specializations in fields like Finance, Information Technology, Marketing, Human Resources, and so much more.
- CS – A company secretary or CS is one of the most important positions in any company. Their salaries fall in the range of 4-8 LPA and they are responsible for handling a company’s financial aspects that might lead to legal action if misrepresented.
- CA – Chartered Accountancy or CA is one of the toughest but also most rewarding careers a Bachelor of Commerce graduate can opt for. The role of chartered accountants is similar to that of a CS but they usually work alone, taking on as many clients as they prefer.
- M.com – A Master of Commerce degree can be useful after graduation with a Bcom degree not only for higher pay in your career but also if you want to pursue the academic route and go for professorship or research through UGC NET or JRF.
- Vast Choice Among Areas of Employment
Bcom is one of those degrees that can get you employment in a lot of sectors, as it teaches you a variety of skills. You could get a job as an auditor, accountant, stockbroker, budget analyst, and much more after completing your Bcom from Arya College Jaipur in any of the sectors mentioned below, among others:
- Marketing Industry
- Policy Planning
- Investment Industry
- Educational Institutions
- Government and Private Banks
- Industrial and Manufacturing Houses
- Budget Planning
- Makes You Self-Sufficient
The veritable list of diverse commercial skills and applications that a Bcom degree imparts you with can make you self-sufficient. With knowledge in financials, accounting, business law, management, etc., you are fully equipped with the required tools for entrepreneurship. Whether you open your own venture or take over your family business, a Bcom degree will have your back in navigating the complexities of any business.
Study Bachelor of Commerce at Arya College Jaipur
Arya college is one of the premier colleges for pursuing a Bachelor in Commerce in the state of Rajasthan. With a world-class faculty and state-of-the-art facilities, your education in the field of commerce and business is in good hands. Being one of the top commerce colleges in Jaipur, Arya is partnered with some of the best recruiters in the country, assuring high placement packages to freshers who graduate with a Bcom degree.
- Can I study Law after Doing my Bcom?
Yes. While pursuing an LLB degree after graduation in Bcom is uncommon, it can definitely lead to strong foundations for corporate or tax law.
- Can I study for CA while doing Bcom?
Yes. It is one of the common strategies opted for by many CA aspirants. We would advise selecting a less demanding Bcom course, like a distance learning course or the Bcom course offered by Arya College Jaipur.
- Is it possible to earn 10+ LPA with just a BA degree?
Yes, it is definitely possible. While you cannot expect to earn that much right out of the bat, high-level professionals who have gained years of experience can earn 8-11 LPA easily with just a Bcom degree.
- Does the private sector pay more to Bcom graduates?
No. Government sector companies like DRDO, SAIL, and NTPC can offer packages as high as 4-8 LPA to Bcom freshers.