Table of Contents
TNPDS: Tamil Nadu Electronic Public Distribution System (TNEPDS) is a government project(https://www.tnpds.gov.in/) to avoid corruption in the Consumer Food Department.
In this tutorial, I am going to explain “how to apply for ration card online”, “How to check the status of Ration Card”, and “How to download Smart card”.
I have shared the details of the Tamilnadu Ration System on the above table.
This tnpds facility offers many useful features to the public. Those are,
- Smart Card Application Status
- Smart Card Application
- Correction of Details(Name, Age, Etc)
- Add Member
- Change of Address
- Family Head Member Change
- Remove Family Member
- Card Related Service Request Status
TN Ration Card Types
There are three types of ration cards available for Indian Citizens. Those are,
- Light Green Card
- White Card
- No Commodity Card
Light Green Card
Light Green Card is issued for the peoples who are willing to buy rice and other commodities.
White is issued for the peoples who are willing to buy sugar as a primary one instead of Rice.
No Commodity Card
No Commodity card is for the peoples who don’t want any commodities from the ration shop.
How to check Tamilnadu Smart Ration Card Status Online
1. The first step is you have to visit the official website of TNEPDS. The homepage will look like the below image.
2. Click the “Smart Card Application Status” link and enter your reference number then submit the form. It will show you the status of your ration card.
3. If you face any issues please contact the customer care of Tamil Nadu Electronic Public Distribution System.
Steps to Apply for New Ration Card in Tamilnadu(TN)
If you don’t have a smart ration card then you can able to apply online. The procedure is quite easy. Follow the below steps carefully. If you want to convert your old ration card into the smart card then use the “Old Card Enrollment” Option.
- Visit the Registration Link – TNPDS New Ration Card
- There are two types of Registration available. Those are I) New Card II) Old Card Enrollment. Choose it depends on your needs.
- Fill the family head details and other family member details such as Name, Age, Address, photo, and Relationship.
- Finally, Submit the form. It will produce and display the reference number. With the help of that, you can able to track status.
The registration page will look like the below images.
If you don’t understand the above procedure. I have already published a separate article about this topic. Check out the below link.
Smart Card Download – TNPDS
If you lost your e-ration card or smart card then you can download it from the official TNEPDS website but you could not able to use that for purchasing commodities.
Then this question may arise in your mind. What is the purpose of the Smart Card Download?
The answer is you can use the downloaded smart card as proof anywhere. To get a new smart card, you have to visit the nearby e-Seva center.
- Open the official website of the TNPDS Smart Card and login to your account.
- Verify your account via OTP. On the dashboard, you can find the option to download the smart card.
How to Register Complaint in TNPDS Portal?
If you face any issues in TNPDS Website or if you want to file a complaint about your ration shop. It can be done with the help of the TNPDS Portal.
- Visit the official website of the Tamilnadu Ration Service
- On the homepage, you can find the “Register Complaint” Option.
- On the complaint form, you have to fill your name, address and other details.
- Submit the form. You will get a reference number for your complaint. Use that to track the status of the complaint.
TNPDS SMS Service
They are offering SMS services for those who don’t have a smartphone. You can avail of the below services via SMS.
SMS the code to 9980904040 from Registered Mobile Number
SMS CODE DESCRIPTION
A) PDS <space> 101 – Availability of Commodity at Ration Shop
B) PDS <space> 102 – Status of Ration Shop (Open / Close)
C) PDS <space> 107 – Complaints about Billing
TNPDS Helpline Number
If you face any errors or issues in their website and Android Application just call their helpline number. They will help you to resolve the issues.
1967 or 1800-425-5901
Use any one of the above tollfree numbers to reach out to the Tamilnadu Smart Card department.
TNPDS Mobile Application
They are offering mobile applications for both Android and IOS Platform which makes the services easy to access.
With the help of the above links, you can able to download the mobile application for your platform.
I hope this article helps you to know much about TNPDS and its services. If you have any queries regarding this article please let me know via comments. I glad to help you. Share this article with your friends to help them.