Some of the most popular tourist destinations of the world, as well as many of the most visited countries in Europe, are included in the Schengen visa countries. The great places Schengen visa holders can visit are France, Belgium, Finland, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Iceland, Spain, and Sweden.
Each Schengen region offers distinct and wonderful locations that will provide you with a wide range of amazing experiences and excitements. There are 26 nations in the Schengen region. Pursuing a Schengen visa from India is mandatory whether you are considering visiting Germany or Austria. The Schengen visa allows you to stay in the Schengen region for a maximum of 90 days within 180 days. Listed below are the top 10 Schengen countries that every Indian can visit on having a Schengen visa!
Top 10 Schengen countries:
- France: France is the home to a few of the most beautiful cities, towns, and rural areas across the globe. Tourists can have an excellent French vacation, whether seeking an action-packed tour or a peaceful break. France has some of the most beautiful scenery in the world, from the boulevards that line Paris to the opulent resorts on the Cote d’Azur. Lover-drawing structures include stunning cathedrals, fantastical castles, and charming towns. Rapid transit and the country’s modern heritage sites immerse visitors in the twenty-first century.
The best places to visit in France include Eiffel Tower, Bordeaux, Louvre Museum, Musée du Louvre, Château de Versailles, Mont Saint-Michel, Loire Valley Châteaux, Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Chartres, Provence, Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, and many more attractions.
- Belgium: Belgium is a relatively small, endearing nation in Western Europe that is well known for its chocolate, fries, beer, and, of course, diamonds. Countless palaces, churches, canals, and gorgeous footbridges may be found nationwide. Belgium is still a magnificent European city with lots of historic charm. Belgium is known for its world-famous tourist attractions and twelve UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
A few of the most popular tourist destinations in Belgium include Brussels, Antwerp, Bruges, Ghent, Ostend, Ardennes, Tournai, Mons, and many more destinations.
Also Read: Writing an essay on travel
- Finland: Finland is known for its breathtaking natural beauty. The region is characterised by crystal-clear lakes, magnificent island archipelagos, and, farther north, beautiful winter wonderlands. While everything is going on, contemporary towns and cities keep up with the times by providing top-notch dining and lodging options. Finland is a Nordic playground for winter and summer sports thanks to its lakes, falls, rivers, and huge wilderness regions, as well as the assurance of snowfall in the winter.
Tourist attractions of Finland cover Suomenlinna Fortress, Helsinki Cathedral, Lake Saimaa, Suomenlinna Fortress, Urho Kekkonen National Park, etc.
- Germany: The popularity of Germany as a travel destination has increased. Berlin, one of Europe’s most fascinating capitals, is the most sought-after vacation spot. Numerous other significant cities in Germany have illustrious histories as independent city states or as sovereign kingdom capitals. However, Germany’s tourism attractions are in no way restricted to its cities and may be found throughout the nation.
Also Read: Business Travel Tips For Women In 2022
German tourist attractions cover Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate, Cologne Cathedral (Kölner Dom), The Black Forest, Neuschwanstein Castle, The Warehouse District in Hamburg, The Rhine Valley, Berlin’s Museum Island, Munich’s Marienplatz, and many more tourist attractions.
- Austria: Austria, one of the most well-liked vacation destinations in Europe, draws tourists all year long with places to see in both the summer and the winter. The country’s breathtaking mountain regions experience almost as much tourism in the winter as in the summer, thanks to some of Europe’s best skiing. Austria is mostly upland and mountainous, with the Eastern Alps making up about 60% of its total area.
Tourist attractions of Austria cover Krems, Vienna State Opera, Mirabell Palace, Schafberg, Hohenwerfen Castle, Zell am See, Melk Abbey, Seefeld in Tyrol, Hohensalzburg Castle, etc.
Also Read: Things to do in West Memphis
- Italy: Italy is a stunning nation well-known for providing diverse tourist attractions. On the one hand, visitors adore the magnificent Roman ruins in Pompeii, Rome, and Herculaneum. Still, on the other, they can’t resist travelling to Venice and Tuscany because of their tourist attraction as romantic getaways. The nation is renowned for its breathtaking scenery and natural wonders that will take your breath away.
The most popular tourist destinations in Italy, which are utterly stunning, include Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan, Sorrento, Siena, Verona, Pisa, Tuscany, Pompeii, Naples, etc.
- Greece: One of the most well-liked travel locations worldwide is Greece. Greece offers many tourist attractions, including more than sixty inhabited islands, historical monuments dating back four millennia, picture-perfect beaches, and impressive mountain ranges. Greece is one of Europe’s most popular tourist destinations due to its numerous ancient historic sites, cliffs that plunge into azure waters, pebble and sand beaches, and warm Mediterranean climate.
Tourist places in Greece include Mount Athos, Mystras, Lindos, Samariá Gorge, Myrtos beach, Metéora, Mykonos, Parthenon, Santorini, and many more.
- Iceland: Iceland, often known as the Land of Fire and Ice, is a place of striking contrast. Iceland is a region that coexists with massive glaciers and a volcanically active hot region, where the summer’s midnight sun balances out the gloomy winters.
Iceland’s main tourist destinations cover Svartifoss, Seljalandsfoss, Askja, Hallgrimskirkja, Thingvellir National Park, Skogafoss, Laugavegur, Myvatn, Dettifoss, and many more places.
- Spain: Spain surprises many who imagine it as a country where you have to compete for towel space at one of its busy beaches or where you sip sangria while watching a bull fight or flamenco performance. Spain has various cultural attractions, including Roman and Moorish ruins, mediaeval castles, white villages in Andaluca’s interior, and the vibrant capitals of Barcelona and Madrid.
Few of the attractions of Spain include Park Guell, Ibiza, Pub Crawl, Granada 10, Costa Brava, The Canary Islands, Costa Del Sol Beach, Santiago De Compostela Cathedral, The Great Mosque Of Cordoba, Guggenheim Museum, Plaza Mayor, The White Towns Of Andalucía, La Rambla, and El Teide.
- Sweden: Sweden is a beautiful, culturally diverse destination in the Nordic region. Sweden’s lengthy history has produced many amazing sites, buildings, and museums, all progressive and peaceful. Stockholm, Sweden’s largest city and capital, is where most travellers begin their journeys. There is no denying that Stockholm has world-class attractions, but don’t neglect to visit the other great places throughout the nation. Sweden’s top tourist attractions include historic towns, national parks, and must-see destinations.
Sweden tourist places cover Gothenburg, Stockholm, Halmstad, Uppsala, Malmo, Umea, Kalmar, Linkoping, Lund, Orebro, Helsingborg, Ystad, Abisko National Park and many more.
Make your trip safe and secure with a travel insurance policy
Schengen countries cover those countries in Europe that have joined the Schengen Agreement, allowing people to travel freely from one country to another without being required to show a passport, visa, or other forms of identification at every border crossing.
Exploring Schengen countries will make your trip exciting and adventurous. Hence to make your trip memorable and special, we’ve talked to various seasonal travellers to create a list of the best ten countries to visit on a Schengen visa. To make your trip safe and secure, it’s recommended to have travel insurance. The insurance will cover you against financial losses due to flight cancellation, change in travel date, baggage theft, etc.