Vishal Mishra is an Indian music composer, singer and a songwriter who works predominantly in Bollywood.
Vishal Mishra was born on 8 December in the Unnao City of Uttar Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Saggitarius.
He did his schooling from New Way Senior Secondary School in Lucknow. He is a graduate of law.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
His father is a lawyer and builder, and his mother is a housewife. He has an elder brother and a sister.
In 2012, he participated in a singing reality TV show “Bharat Ki Shaan: Singing Star” on DD National, judged by the Indian music composer, Lalit Pandit of the Jatin-Lalit musical duo. Lalit liked his singing, and he guided Mishra in the initial days of his career. He made his debut as a singer with the 2016 film “Shorgul;” the song was ‘Sham-O-Shehr.’
He made his debut as a song composer with the film “Tutak Tutak Tutiya” (2016) with the songs, Chalte Chalte and Ranga De.
He made his Marathi debut as a singer and composer with the film “Friendship Unlimited” (2018); he has sung six songs and composed fourteen songs in the film. He made his Hollywood debut as a composer with the song “Na Chah Ke Bhi” from the film 5 Weddings (2018).
He turned lyricist with the song “Laila” from the film Notebook (2019).
He has composed and sang many hit songs, Veere, Selfish, Rafta Rafta Medley, Laila, Bhumro, Kaise Hua, Sirf Tu, Womaniya, and Aasmaa, being few one of them.
Awards & Achievements
- Filmfare Award for the Best Music Director for the film “Kabir Singh” in 2020
- Zee Cine Award for the song “Kaise Hua” from the film “Kabir Singh” in 2020
- Mirchi Music Award for Best Music Listener’s Choice for the film “Kabir Singh” in 2020
- Screen Award for the Best Music Director for the songs “Kaise Hua & Pehla Pyar” from the film “Kabir Singh” in 2019
- At the age of three, he gave his first stage performance, where he sang ‘Sardi Khasi Na Malaria Hua’ from the film “Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman” (1992).
- At the age of ten, his sister gave him his first musical instrument, an electric guitar. He can play around seventeen musical instruments now.
- While working on music and academics, he also developed an interest in English poetries and songwriting.
- He was practising law in Bhubhaneshwar when he decided to change his career to music.
- He gave an audition for a reality show called ‘Tukbaazi” in Lucknow on the suggestion from one of his friends, and also won the show.
- After winning the show, he went against his father’s wishes, settled in Mumbai and started assisting Lalit Pandit.
- He has also participated in the singing reality show, ‘Indian Idol’ but never got through auditions.
- He is an avid dog lover and owns a dog named Mario.