You do know that your Aadhaar card plays a big part in your day-to-day life. You need it to be identity proof; you need it as your address proof, and so much more. But what if you move? Could you change the address on your Aadhaar card? Or if you got a new number, could you change that? Let us find out in this article – the details you can change on your Aadhaar card and how to get it done.
Your name, address, your phone number, gender, and date of birth are all included on your Aadhaar Card. When you want to make modifications or update your Aadhaar Card, you can do so by visiting an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or the Unique Identification Authority of India’s official website (UIDAI).
What Can you Update on your Aadhaar Card?
You can currently update your address, name, gender, and date of birth online. However, in order to make adjustments online, your mobile number must be connected to your Aadhaar. To make any additional modifications to your Aadhaar Card, you must visit an Aadhaar enrolment centre.
Let us look at one detail at a step – and find out how to update them.
- Mobile Number
Here is the procedure to update your phone number on the Aadhaar card through the Aadhar card mobile number update form.
- Pay a visit to the Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
- Fill out the application form and submit it. Make certain that the right mobile number is entered on the form.
- To update the mobile number, no documents are required.
- The update request will be registered.
- There will be an acknowledgment slip issued.
The UIDAI has launched a service that allows you to update your Aadhaar address details without presenting address proof. To finish the procedure, you must use the ‘Request for Aadhaar Validation Letter.’ The following are the four steps involved in the process:
– As a resident, you must log in using your Aadhaar number.
The Aadhaar details of the Verifier must be entered.
An SRN will be issued.
– Click on the link supplied to the registered mobile phone number.
Log in with your Aadhaar information.
Give your permission.
– The registered mobile number receives a Verifier Consent.
Log in by entering the SRN.
Examine the address specifics.
If necessary, change the language.
Send the request.
– A letter containing the Secret Code will be mailed to you.
Enter the address of your email and password to access the address updating portal.
Using the Secret Code, change the address.
Check the address and click the submit button.
To check the status of the request, a URN will be issued.
There are some things, though, that you have to keep in mind while you update your Aadhaar.
Things to Consider
- The changes you make must be correct, and any documents that an individual attaches to the form must be approved and self-attested.
- Your needed information must be filled out in either English or the local language.
- While changing the Aadhar card details, it is critical to keep the URN safe because it is used to track the status of the Aadhar Card.
- If your mobile number is not registered, you must go to the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre to make changes to your Aadhaar card.
- Make sure that all of the information on the correction form is written in capital letters.
- All required information must be entered, and no choice should be left untouched.
- Only the documents requested as proof should be sent with the form.
- A revised Aadhaar card will be mailed to the address on the Aadhaar card.
- The self-attested photocopy of the documents sent must be included.
A Rejected Aadhaar Update
You should also need to know that there are chances that your update could get rejected. The request for Aadhaar Card updation/correction is occasionally denied because UIDAI follows particular procedures to check the facts before making any changes to the Aadhar details. Only when these criteria are met does UIDAI update the information in its system. Before making changes to Aadhaar details, the following conditions must be met:
- For verification, adequate documentation should be supplied with the form. Requests for updating or correcting would not be processed in the absence of such documentation.
- All documents submitted to UIDAI must be self-attested.
- If the information on the form does not match the information on the document supplied for verification, the Aadhar details will not be updated.
- If you do not provide the required papers with the form, your Aadhaar card update request may be denied.
If your request to update the details on your Aadhaar card is rejected for any reason, you can resubmit it by making suitable changes to the form and submitting appropriate self-attested documentation.
Well, get going to update your Aadhaar card right now cause it is going to take a few days to be updated and registered. Now you know how to get it done online and offline – it is an easy procedure.