If you’re one of the many people who pay their electricity bills each month, you might have sometimes wondered what will happen if you miss a payment. Will you face a connection cut? How will you be able to get your power back on? This blog will explain everything to you. So, keep reading!
What happens after missing an electricity bill payment?
If you miss an NBPDCL Bihar Bijli bill payment, the first thing that will happen is that you’ll receive a notice from your electricity provider to pay the same. This notice will inform you that you have a certain number of days to make a payment before your service is disconnected.
Your service will be disconnected if you don’t make a payment within that time frame. Once your service is disconnected, you’ll need to contact your electricity provider to arrange for a new connection.
If you have a good payment history, you can arrange a payment plan. This will allow you to make smaller payments over time until you’ve caught up on your past-due amount.
You may not be eligible for a payment plan if you have a poor payment history. You’ll need to pay the full amount owed for the reconnection. You can do this quickly by paying online through MobiKwik, which also helps you skip the queues and avoid waiting for hours.
Missing a BESCOM online bill payment can be a hassle, but that’s not a grave issue. If you have any questions, be sure to contact your electricity provider. They’ll help you make a plan to get your service reconnected.
How to stay on top of your electricity bill payments?
Staying on top of your electricity bill payments can be challenging, especially if you’re on a tight budget.
- Set up a budget and track your electricity usage. This will help you see where your money is going and how much you need to budget for your electricity bill.
- Make a payment plan. If you’re struggling to pay your bill in full, contact your electricity provider and set up a payment plan. This will help you avoid late fees and keep your service from being disconnected. You may also use MobiKwik for quick bill payments.
- Stay organized. Keep track of when your bill is due, and make sure you pay it on time. You can set up automatic BESCOM online bill payment to ensure your bill is paid on time every month.
- Know your rights. If you’re having trouble paying your bill, you have rights under the law. For example, you can’t be disconnected from service if you can’t pay your bill, and you have the right to set up a payment plan.
- Get help. If you’re struggling to pay your electricity bill, some programs and agencies can help. Contact your state’s public utility commission or your local utility company for further information.
What to do if you’re facing a disconnection?
First, check out if there is an outage in your area. If there is, there’s not much you can do except wait for service to be restored.
If there is no outage, the next step is to check your account balance. If you’re behind on payments, you’ll need to bring your account current before service can be restored. After that, you can log into your account online or by calling customer service.
If your account is up to date, the next step is to check your equipment. Ensure all of your cords are plugged in securely and that there is no damage to your equipment. If everything looks good, you’ll need to contact customer service to troubleshoot the issue. Hopefully, these tips will help you get your service reconnected quickly!
If you have any battery-powered devices, make sure to keep them charged. This includes things like flashlights, phones, laptops, etc. Next, if it’s safe to do so, try to find alternative power sources. This could mean using a generator, inverter or anything else.
If you miss an NBPDCLl Bihar Bijli bill payment on your electricity bill, you may face a connection cut. However, depending on your situation, you may be able to get your power back on by contacting your provider and paying the reconnection fee as well as the due amount.