YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus Scheme
The government of Andhra Pradesh wants to start YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus Scheme and YSR Sampoorna Poshana Scheme on September 1st, 2020.
According to this scheme, the government wants to provide nutritious food to pregnant women, women nursing their children and infant children from 6 months to 6 years. The government selected 77 scheduled and tribal sub-plan mandals to implement the scheme.
Another scheme YSR Sampoorna Poshana also implemented for the other remaining areas of the state. For both the schemes the government is spending around Rs 1863 crore.
There are 55607 Anganwadi centres that cover nearly 30 Lakh women and children for the YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus scheme and 47287 Anganwadi centres cover 27 Lakh women and children for the YSR Sampoorna Poshana Scheme.
Benefits of YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus
- By this scheme, the pregnant women, new mothers, and infant children will get nutrition food irrespective of their health condition.
- This scheme is to address underweight complications in most of the children.
- Nearly 3 Lakh tribal women and children covered under the scheme from 77 tribal mandals by 8320 Anganwadi centers.
- Children from 6 months to 3 years, new mothers, and pregnant women will get a nutrition diet.
- Children from 3 years to 6 years will get eggs and milk under the scheme.
- The AP government is spending Rs 1100 per month on pregnant women of tribal and Rs 553 per month for the diet of children in tribal areas.
- To implement the YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus scheme the state government allocated Rs 308 crore budget.
- For areas other than tribal, the YSR Sampoorna Poshana scheme implemented.
- Nearly 27 Lakh pregnant women, new mothers, and children will benefit under the scheme.
- The budget for this scheme is Rs 1555 crore and 47287 Anganwadi centers allocated to cover the women and children.
- The government is spending Rs 850 per month for new mothers and pregnant women’s diet in plain areas.
- For the children, the government spending Rs 412 and for infants Rs 350 per month for their diet.
- Before the scheme covered only the anemic conditioned women and children but now YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus covers all the poor people.
Implementation Agency for YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus
The state government implemented the YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus. But the implementation of the scheme is by Integrated Tribal Development Agency and District Women and Children Development Authority with coordination of Project Director.
How to Apply for YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus Scheme
- There is no application process for the scheme. The Anganwadi workers from different Anganwadi Centers will take up a survey to enroll all the eligible children and women.
- Anganwadi workers will take efforts to reach even in the most deserving populations in hilltop, hard to reach locations and inaccessible areas.
- All pregnant women, new mothers, and children from 6 months to 6 years must register in Common Application Software (CAS) to monitor service delivery by the AP Sampoorna Poshana Plus scheme.
- The details like Date of birth, gender at the time of registration in Anganwadi Center, and monthly height and weight records of children must be entered correctly in Common Application Software.
Safety Measures Taken Under the Scheme
- Al the Anganwadi Centers must maintain the calibrated scales, height scales, adult and children weighing scales in proper working condition.
- The growth of height and weight of every child should be monitored at Anganwadi centres every month.
- Anganwadi workers with coordination of ASHA and ANM workers should go for medical examination of all SUW/SAM/MAM children by medical officers and PHC to detect any underlying causes for malnutrition, medical complications or illness, for prescribing treatment, and dispensing medicines like antibiotics, calcium/iron/vitamin/zinc supplementation/folic acid and deworming medicines when needed and refer to the Nutritional Rehabilitation Center/hospitals/appropriate facilities or specialists if necessary.
- The Anganwadi worker or supervisor needs to provide the list of SUW/SAM/MAM children to ASHA/ANM/MO (PHC).
- After children discharged from NRC should be monitored at their home, Anganwadi workers must educate the parents and family of the child to ensure clean surroundings, appropriate feeding, sanitation and clean, personal hygiene, safe drinking water. Children under SUW/SAM/MAM weight should be monitored on a weekly basis.
- Pregnant women’s weight must be monitored every month at Anganwadi centres and also recorded in CAS.
- Anganwadi workers with coordination of ASHA and ANM must go for Anti-natal checkups, provide IFA tablets, administering deworming to pregnant women, and lactating mothers according to the protocol.
- As per the guidelines of Poshan Abhiyaan, community-based events should be organized at Anganwadi centres to create awareness and sensitize pregnant women and mothers of children up to 2 years on health, nutrition, and child care to strengthen positive practices for survival, growth, and development of the children.
AP YSR Navasakam Scheme – navasakam.ap.gov.in Login Procedure
List of 77 Mandals for YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus
Food Model Approved Under the Scheme
For Children 6 months to 3 years, Take Home ration
- Daily 1 Egg for 1 month
- 200 ml milk daily for 1 month
- 100gm Balamrutham for 25 days
Children from 3 years to 6 years, Feed at Anganwadi center
- Hot cooked meal for 25 days (Rice 75gms, Dal 15gms, Oil 5gm, Vegetables 25gm)
- Daily 1 egg for 25 days
- 200 ml milk for 25 days
- Daily Payasam/Biscuit/cake/laddu for 25 days
For pregnant women and new mother, feed at Anganwadi centres & Take home ration
- Hot cooked meal for 25 days (Rice 125gms, Dal 30gms, Oil 16gm, Vegetables 50gm)
- Daily 1 egg for 25 days
- 200 ml milk for 25 days
- Millet, protein, iron, and energy-based nutrition as weekly as take-home ration
- 1st week: Multigrain Atta/Wheat flour (2kg)
- 2nd week: Groundnut chikki (500gm)
- 3rd week: Ragi flour/wheat flour (500gm) & Jaggery (500gm)
- 4th week: Til Laddu (500gm)