Carrying physical copies of medical records during doctor visits can be a hassle for everyone. However, you can eliminate this inconvenience if all your medical information is stored digitally. The Government of India has introduced the Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) card, a digital health ID card that solves this problem.
Online facilities have simplified many things these days; likewise, creating an ABHA ID is easy. Creating ABHA Health ID offers many benefits: easy access to your medical records, sharing and receiving medical records, tracking your family’s medical records, etc. To learn more about ABHA ID creation, check the following information.
All about ABHA ID
The Indian Government launched the Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Mission (ABDM) on September 27th, 2021. Its objective is to provide all country citizens with a digital health ID, comprising a 14-digit unique identification number, that people can easily access from anywhere in India. This initiative aims to break geographical barriers and allow medical professionals across the country to access your health information.
The ABHA number is comprised of fourteen digits. It serves as a distinct identifier for individuals participating in India’s digital healthcare system. By providing a strong and reliable identity, healthcare providers and payers nationwide widely accept the ABHA number. ABHA address, on the other hand, is a unique identifier like a self-declared name, that allows you to share and access health records.
Steps involved in the creation of ABHA ID
The ABHA ID creation is simple and involves utilizing the individual’s basic information along with their Aadhaar card or mobile number. Once created, the cardholder can easily connect all their health records digitally to the card. You can create an ABHA address using a mobile number (in Bajaj Finserv) or an Aadhaar number (or driving license).
By using the Aadhaar number:
The process is quite straightforward; merely adhere to the following instructions.
- To get started with ABHA ID creation, you can visit the official website of NDHM. You can visit Bajaj Finserv to create ABHA ID, as it is certified by NHA. You can look for the option to create ABHA Health ID or directly land on this page by searching accordingly.
- Enter the Aadhaar number (or driving license number) in the space provided for creating ABHA ID.
- After successfully entering your Aadhaar number, a one-time password (OTP) will be sent to the mobile number linked with your Aadhar. It is mandatory to enter this OTP (within certain seconds) to proceed further.
- (While applying through NDHM’s official website) In the next step, you will be prompted to input your mobile number, and shortly another verification code will be sent to your device for authentication purposes.
- After your Aadhar number (or mobile number) is verified, you will be directed to a form. In that form, you must fill in your personal information including name, age, email, address, etc. You can also choose your ABHA address on this page or step.
- Once you have provided your responses, you can access and download your ABHA ID. You can then use it to log in and access all the available services provided by ABHA.
Similarly, in Bajaj Finserv, you can use your mobile number that is registered with them for ABHA ID creation.
An ABHA ID is now required for all individuals to easily store their healthcare information on the mobile application. This identification combines the ABHA Address, Health Locker, APP, and ABHA Number. People can voluntarily connect their medical and health records by using this ID. They can also consent to access this information by many health service providers. Establishing an ABHA ID is the initial step in constructing the digital healthcare ecosystem in the nation.