Organ transplant policy which is covered under the best critical illness insurance policy in India is mainly aimed at those people who suffer from the problem or issue of organ failure and when any organ needs to be replaced and transplanted from another person’s organ. Organ transplant entangles two people, the one who needs the organ transplant and the another who is the donor or giving their organ. Organ transplantation could be done of these vital organs- heart, liver, kidney, etc.
We all know how much these organs play a critical role in our body and how important these are for us. So, according to that, this transplantation covers a vast amount that initially starts from Rs. 5 Lakh to 35 Lakh, depending on the organ that must be transplanted. Apart from this, many other financial costs must be borne or faced during the transplantation.
You should purchase a critical insurance cover to safeguard your future financial needs during a medical emergency such as organ transplantation.
How does the Best Critical Illness Insurance Policy in India works?
The best critical illness insurance policy in India operates differently from traditional health insurance because it is a one-time benefit plan. You are eligible for policy benefits if you have a severe illness covered by this policy. To submit a claim, you do not need to be hospitalised.
If the insured survives for at least 30 days (the exact number of days depends on the insurer) following the diagnosis, the insurer will pay you the one-time lump sum payment equal to the sum insured in a single transaction.
You can submit a claim against the critical illness plans in India for an organ transplant if the doctor determines that a particular organ requires a transplant and you have the necessary documentation. A lump sum amount will be paid to you, which you can use to pay for the treatment.
Expenditures Involved in Organ Transplantation
The methodology of transplantation, a crucial and critical procedure, requires an extreme level of medical attention not limited to just a single surgery; there is a high chance it may take many days to complete in a very attentive manner.
Given medical costs are usually involved during this critical care insurance procedure-
- The matching of the two organs between the two persons is essential, the one who is the donor and the other whose transplantation has to be done. These compatibility tests of the two organs are crucial for incrementing the chances of successful transplantation.
- Pre-hospitalisation expenses are also involved because of getting the donor ready for the surgery to transplant a particular organ.
- After pre-hospitalisation expenses, the post-hospitalisation and surgery expenses are also incurred, which is as necessary as the previous expenses were. These costs include the procedure’s actual costs, the costs incurred after the transplant, and the recovery costs incurred on the donor’s health and care.
Critical Illness Policy for Organ Transplant
Critical illness can be any kind of illness that affects the physical and mental health of a patient that profoundly impacts a person’s emotions. That critical illness can be life-threatening too. And these life-threatening illnesses can be cancer, stroke, kidney failure, heart attack, etc.
Mainly, critical illness policy covers organ failure issues that can treat quickly with the help of organ transplantation. In this procedure, through surgery, one healthy organ is transplanted to the patient whose organ has been damaged or failed. Organ transplantation could be done of the following organs- kidney, pancreas, intestines, heart, lung, and liver.
So, in such cases, any person can face the problem of financial risks with the chances of getting emotional and mental distress as well. To recover all these things quickly and easily, you should sign up for this policy to cover your problems.
How to Choose a Critical Illness Plan in India?
When obtaining a critical illness plan in India for organ transplant surgery, there are some essential considerations that you should bear in mind.
- Understand Your Needs: The first and foremost step is understanding your needs and requirements. Analyse your health and financial situation and decide how much coverage you need.
- Compare Plans: Once you have a clear idea about your needs, compare different critical illness plans online to choose the best one. Compare the coverage, inclusions, exclusions, waiting period, benefits, and other terms and conditions.
- Check the Claim Settlement Ratio: Before finalising a plan, check the insurer’s claim settlement ratio. A good claim settlement ratio indicates the chances of settling your claim quickly and without hassles.
- Consider Riders: Riders are benefits that can be added to your critical illness policy. They provide additional coverage at an additional cost. Consider adding riders to your policy if needed.
As a result, you should choose a well-rounded strategy that combines essential and comprehensive critical health insurance. You could get a good balance between cost and coverage with this combination with the help of Niva Bupa. A critical illness policy will cover all the essential medical bills under your indemnity (base) health insurance, and the lump sum payment from your critical illness insurance would assist you in getting through difficult financial circumstances.